Who is the “ultimate entrepreneur”?
You could say Steve Jobs. You could say Bill Gates. You could name many other famous business founders of large companies, but you won’t quite find someone like him…
The founder of Virgin Group and over 400 Virgin companies has been an entrepreneur since age 16 and getting his vision out there into the world. Not 1 time, but 400 times (and counting). How many entrepreneurs do you know who have founded over 400 companies?
He is what I consider to be the “ultimate entrepreneur”, a great guy on top and I believe there is a lot to learn from him not just for entrepreneurs but anyone in business.
Below are my personal favorite 7 quotes from him:
7. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.”
6. “A business has to be involving, it has to be fun, and it has to exercise your creative instincts.”
5. “I never get the accountants in before I start up a business. It’s done on gut feeling, especially if I can see that they are taking the mickey out of the consumer.”
4. “Having a personality of caring about people is important. You can’t be a good leader unless you generally like people. That is how you bring out the best in them.”
3. “Above all, you want to create something you’re proud of. This has always been my philosophy of business. I can honestly say that I have never gone into any business purely to make money. If that is the sole motive, then I believe you are better off not doing it.”
2. “I don’t think of work as work and play as play. It’s all living.”
1. “My interest in life comes from setting myself huge, apparently unachievable challenges and trying to rise above them.”
0. “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.”
Awaken the Branson in You!
Ben A. Ratje
P.S. Check out Richard’s book ‘Screw It, Let’s Do It’: http://tinyurl.com/7ljkp4e
© Copyright 2012 Ben A. Ratje All Rights Reserved